Students completing majors in other areas may earn a minor in chemistry by completing the following courses:

  • CHEM 103/107 and 108 (General Chemistry I and II)
  • CHEM 221 (Foundational Organic Chemistry)
  • CHEM 341 (Elementary Physical Chemistry)
  • Two additional courses: CHEM 211 (Foundational Inorganic Chemistry); CHEM 321 (Advanced Organic Chemistry); CHEM 231 (Foundational Analytical Chemistry); CHEM 201 (Environmental Chemistry); CHEM 350 (Survey of Biochemistry)

No more than three courses also can meet requirements in a student’s major.